Translate

Saturday, April 12, 2014

don't bother to ask why

Life ain't fair.  That's what I was thinking sitting in my car, crying, a couple of days ago. How do you make sense of it? You don't.

My friend has ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis).  Lou Gehrigs disease. They found out about it about a year ago. Since they live out of town I don't see them all that much.  Its been six months. In that six months the disease has taken its toll. They have to use a electric wheelchair for long distances. Their body and face look different. ravaged. They look like they are dying, which they are.

Its only going to get worse. There is no cure. They will die. As they are dying it will get harder and harder as their muscles waste away.  They will be unable to eat, breathe. Its an awful way to die.

They have two young children, a wife. How do you explain this to children? How do you explain Daddy is going to die?  I don't know.

No comments: